This 7mm. finescale Midland Railway Dia. D 462 Engineer’s Inspecting Saloon fleet number 02501 is built and painted from an etched brass kit. Prototypically, the vehicle had been originally built as Directors’ inspecting saloon No. 1 (lot 49) in 1881. It was transferred to the Engineer’s Department in 1904. The model is in good running order and condition. Both bogies are fitted with Mansell wheelsets and benefit from springing within the structure of the bogie. The buffers and cast brass couplings are sprung. The glazed interior has partitions and good quality seating in the saloons.