This “O” gauge SECR Pullman Kitchen Car “Emerald” in post 1930 umber & cream livery was originally scratchbuilt by Philip Preston of Guildford (etched plate on underside), but not completed. Completion, sourcing of missing/damaged parts, repair, painting and detailing has been undertaken by Peter Callon. Prototypically, “Emerald” was paired with parlour car “Topaz”, so only the outer couplings are sprung screw couplings, whilst the inner couplings are “Kadee”. The glazed interior is fitted with partitions, tables/table cloths, table lamps, seating and passengers. The metal-tyred disc wheelsets are fitted into “WayoH” bogies.
Not for sale